The scope, location and time frames of the ROL-POP
KLANG RIVER FACTS
- Originates from Ulu Gombak Forest Reserve.
- 4th biggest river basin in Malaysia (about 120km length)
- Joined by 13 major tributaries.
- Catchment area = 1,288 square kilometers (km2)
- Encompassing of Federal Territory of KualaLumpur and Selangor (Shah Alam, Petaling Jaya, Klang, Subang Jaya and Ampang Jaya).
The Public Outreach Programme will be conducted within the boundary of River of Life project area as shown:
Implementing the Phase 1 programme may be conducted in stages for the purposes of providing focus. The suggested divisions of stages are as follows:
- Stage 1 – Klang Gates to the junction of MRR2 and Jalan Taman Zoo View
- Stage 2 – the junction of MRR2 and Jalan Wangsa 1
- Stage 3 – the junction of MRR2 and Jalan Wangsa 1 to the confluence of Klang and Ampang Rivers.
The pilot project is implemented over a two years project period which has started on June 2012. The successful completion of the implementation will enable River of Life (RoL) Public Outreach Programme to achieve its objectives to increase people participation, reduce river pollution and improve water quality in the RoL pilot project area.