ROL-POP Project Site
The Project site for the River of Life Public Outreach Programme (ROL-POP) covers the 10km stretch of Klang River representing about 40.4 km2 catchment area (from Klang Gates Dam to the confluence of Sg. Klang and Sg. Ampang) (Figure 1-1). About 80% of the Project site lies within municipality area of Majlis Perbandaran Ampang Jaya (MPAJ) while the other 20% lies within the municipality area of Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur.
The land use of the Project site is predominantly urban. Residential land use accounts for 38% of the area while commercial and industrial areas account for 7% and 5% respectively. The main tributaries of Sg. Klang within the Project site are Sg. Kemensah, Sg. Sering and Sg. Gisir. The population within the Project site is estimated to be about 146,000.
ROL Area relative to the Greater Klang Valley and surrounding areas:
The River of Life (ROL) area and the River of Life Public Outreach Programme (ROL-POP) Project Site: